Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFS Sofas - Repayments

Options
  • 05-03-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just wondering if anyone has bought a couch / furniture from DFS. They have 0 deposit and 0% interest repayments.
    Maybe I am being sceptical but is there a catch? Is the quality not as good or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

Following as would love to know also... seems to good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Just wondering if anyone has bought a couch / furniture from DFS. They have 0 deposit and 0% interest repayments.
    Maybe I am being sceptical but is there a catch? Is the quality not as good or something.

I'm not aware of their offering but most likely it is a very small monthly payment with a balloon payment at the end of term. 0% is likely ligit however they will have factored that a high % of people won't pay the balloon payment at end of term at which point interest rate moves to some crazy number. 29% or above. Read the small print.

Of you pay all off in time 0% will likely stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It is just a form of discount at the end of the day. The finance company will give the retailer this facility for a couple of percent of the selling price.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Reviews of quality weren't great when I looked. Even during their sales, the prices were high compared to other shops. They also upsell you hard with fabric protection etc .delivery also took quite a while.
    I would look a lot of other places before them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

The interest free option has no catches, bought a 3 seater leather sofa off them in the January sales in 2017 under the same offer.

Had to resist a hard sell as mentioned above.

No balloon payment. Quality is fine, no blemishes or damage.

I'm sure there are better options but it worked for me. Repayment is only about 20 per month.

Took around 6 or 7 weeks to be delivered. Positive experience for me. Would buy off them again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement