Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia 2nd subject PGDE secondary teaching practise

Options
  • 05-03-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi- any insight greatly appreciated:

Can anyone who has gone through the Hibernia PGDE tell me if your second subject is to be included as part of your teaching practice assessment?. I'm not clear on this. ( My first subject is English and my second is German)
    Also I'd love to hear any feedback on modern languages in the Hibernia PGDE.
    Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Chelmsford wrote: »
    Hi- any insight greatly appreciated:

Can anyone who has gone through the Hibernia PGDE tell me if your second subject is to be included as part of your teaching practice assessment?. I'm not clear on this. ( My first subject is English and my second is German)
    Also I'd love to hear any feedback on modern languages in the Hibernia PGDE.
    Many Thanks!

Will you have those two subjects on your TC registration? If so, I would assume you would be assessed in both. If you're registering with one subject that will the assessed subject. I don't understand what you mean by first and second subject - if you're registering in both - it's more probable that you will be teaching German as there is a shortage or even a combination of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

No idea how Hibernia works but you aren't inspected in your second "minor" subject in Trinity. So there is precedent for qualifying in two subjects but only inspected in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

No idea how Hibernia works but you aren't inspected in your second "minor" subject in Trinity. So there is precedent for qualifying in two subjects but only inspected in one.

I wasn't aware of this. It's kind of like the 'registered to teach to JCert' statements people say. (Excluding Business Studies, junior Science etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

You're inspected in both subjects. TP1 is first subject inspection, TP2 is second subject inspection and TP3 is both subjects up for inspection

Advertisement