Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP in the handicaps.

Options
  • 04-03-2018 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

What do people think about jps chances in the handicaps, he has an abundance of good handicap horses and probably a few kept especially for the festival.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Have had Any Second Now in mind for a good while. Delighted he got in and think he has a massive chance.

The only negative, and a big enough one, its trained by Ted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Slattsy wrote: »
    Have had Any Second Now in mind for a good while. Delighted he got in and think he has a massive chance.

Ted is a decent trainer who can get one ready no problem. Ted is not the problem here! Novice handicap at Punchestown that the Harrington horse out of opera Har won last year will be his target. Will run a nice race at Cheltenham but won't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

I always respect Ted Walsh when there's money for one of his. Fair enough it's usually lower grade Irish stuff but point stands

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

What do people think about jps chances in the handicaps, he has an abundance of good handicap horses and probably a few kept especially for the festival.

I'll be keeping an eye on his Joseph O Brien ones as he has plenty with him and Joesph was only starting out this time last year. I reckon he will have winner or 2 at Cheltenham in JP & Gigginstown colors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

What's his record like in the handicaps in recent years? Last one I can think of is Cause of causes that's 2 years ago now. His horses tend to be overbet in the handicaps too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Glenloe 9/1 in the pertemps or early doors 33/1 in the Martin pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If its any way heavy keep an eye out for Minella Rocco in the Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

tonic wine wrote: »
    Glenloe 9/1 in the pertemps or early doors 33/1 in the Martin pipe.

It’s a shame Glen hasnt been missed in the market as he is an obvious one.

Early Doors only cap is the Pipe as you mention but is in the supreme as an outsider. Prob worth taking 20/1 nrnb for the pipe just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

madmoose wrote: »
    It’s a shame Glen hasnt been missed in the market as he is an obvious one.

Early Doors only cap is the Pipe as you mention but is in the supreme as an outsider. Prob worth taking 20/1 nrnb for the pipe just incase.

Early Doors will be going for the Martin Pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

He is a fair bet, not backed the MPipe yet so he is one im going to do now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bit of a move on this today i see :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Went from 10's to 7's today with PP.

Advertisement