Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone planning to commute into Dublin on Monday

Options
  • 04-03-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Roads around the N11 seem to be quite good. But the buslanes aren't clear, and a lot of the lanes still have snow on the verges - narrow lanes - no filtering.
    Do ye reckon it'll be okay in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Leave earlier..have yer cornflakes in work

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Getting out of the estates will be the biggest issue. Roads will be narrow and loads of out of control cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Del2005 wrote: »
    Getting out of the estates will be the biggest issue. Roads will be narrow and loads of out of control cars.

Our estate is fine cause almost everyone was out clearing the snow...but not all...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

The m4 and n4 are fine now. Palmerstown and chapelizard bypass are still down to one lane in sections. Also bus lanes have snow on them still. That was at 7am though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I would think you'll be fine. Just take it handy when you have to. The commuter traffic on the road before you tomorrow will clear most of what's left of the snow.
    ..but not all...:mad:

Don't get me started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Back of Dublin Airport is grand.
    Was out there today,yet again.......lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I'll be coming in from Celbridge on my CB500F. I'll let ye know how I get on. Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Footpaths mostly nonexistant and snow piled 6-9 foot high on the sides of road, not to mention new potholes opened up where there had been none before. You'd be mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

Cian_ok wrote: »
    Roads around the N11 seem to be quite good. But the buslanes aren't clear, and a lot of the lanes still have snow on the verges - narrow lanes - no filtering.
    Do ye reckon it'll be okay in the morning?

Planning to take the N11 shortly, will just have to do without filtering unfortunately and watch out for new potholes, but there is no way I am taking the bus..

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Planning to take the N11 shortly, will just have to do without filtering unfortunately and watch out for new potholes, but there is no way I am taking the bus..

Arrived safe. It wasn't too bad, took it handy. Some of the buslanes were snowy but mostly okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

Cian_ok wrote: »
    Arrived safe. It wasn't too bad, took it handy. Some of the buslanes were snowy but mostly okay.

Same on this end, roads fine but more non observant drivers then usual! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

M1 into town was grand, if a bit slow. Bit of snow still on the kerbside, so cars are staying clear, and while less cyclists out this morning they seemed to be staying out of the inside too, so a little less room for filtering in places.

Advertisement