Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen/Dining Extension - Terraced house

Options
  • 03-03-2018 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for some advice. We are considering a kitchen/dining room to our terraced house (Similar to this house).

I think a 25-29m extension will be loads for our needs. We would like an open plan area with sliding windows at the back (including removing the central support in the kitchen, one of our neighbours got this done).

Anyway, prior to looking for a builder we are going to look for a architect and I'd appreciate some advice:

1. Typically what will an architect quote for a job of this size of a job?
    2. Any tips for what I should be asking them? Construction isn't my thing....
    3. Would an extension to a terraced house cause a significant price increase?
    4. Are there any rules of thumb for estimating the cost of this this type of extension?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

1. It would vary completely depending on the Architect, depends if you need Designs/Planning/Tender package
    2. Anything you'd like to know, costs, phased payments, budgets, other professionals required, etc
    3. Id imagine any builder in the land would quote extra costs for an accessibly limited Site
    4. if you are the Bray area, Id say €2000 per meter squared for the new extension, €1000 per meter squared for existing refurbishments, for a very general price

Advertisement