Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level of discussion here

Options
  • 03-03-2018 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Is this a place to discus transport, what works and what does not, whats right and what is wrong, or is it closed of to alternative views, a one sided view is only allowed. The last month i have being looking back at old discussions, and i noticed that there are many DB/IE/BE staff who have giving up posting here, the gist of it was "not worth posting here, you have made up your mind and dont want to know the truth"
    Examples of what i mean
    Negative talk about the FTP, thats not allowed.
    Negative talk about the NTA, thats not allowed.
    A actual staff member of DB/IE/BE points out a fact, thats not allowed/dismissed as lie.
    Ignorance and lies about the working of the Unions, that allowed.
    Complete and utter lies about DB/IE/BE, are pushed as the truth, when pointed out ,ignored/dismissed as lies.
    On and on it goes, so is here just for bashing DB/IE/BE/LUAS, ranting and raving about something and not wanting to know the truth because you have already made up your mind?
    If here is just for venting, let it be known and DB/IE/BE/LUAS staff can stay away as clearly their knowledge is not wanted or welcomed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I've read many of your posts and many of them are true some are your opinion which is fair enough as that is what both this both this forum and this site is about to be fair.

However I have noticed you have a tendency to attack other posters which won't win you any friends here trust me it only annoys people. You need to be a little diplomatic if you want to win other posters opinions and don't wear your heart on your sleeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭bebeman

Calling out posters who lie about DB/Unions is considered a bad thing here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭bebeman

You can look back at certain posters history here, ranting and raving about the price of tickets and FTP holders travelling for free , then you can pinpoint exactly when they themselves got a FTP, from then on they do a full 180, "pay the high fares, one day you will be a OAP and have a FTP, until then dont be so selfish".
    Naturally from previous post you can see they are no where near the OAP age, but now love the FTP, and have zero problems with everyone else paying top dollar to subsidise the scheme.
    Hypocrisy at work and they should be called out on it.
    Its like the fake new era we live in, Publish on the front page/lead story on 6 oclock news, it is BS, next day retract on page 20/near end of news broadcast.
    This is what is happening here, pure lies are posted, people read them and believe it to be true, by the time someone corrects the lie, here has moved on to another discussion, peppered with lies, on and on it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

bebeman wrote: »
    Is this a place to discus transport, what works and what does not, whats right and what is wrong, or is it closed of to alternative views, a one sided view is only allowed. The last month i have being looking back at old discussions, and i noticed that there are many DB/IE/BE staff who have giving up posting here, the gist of it was "not worth posting here, you have made up your mind and dont want to know the truth"
    Examples of what i mean
    Negative talk about the FTP, thats not allowed.
    Negative talk about the NTA, thats not allowed.
    A actual staff member of DB/IE/BE points out a fact, thats not allowed/dismissed as lie.
    Ignorance and lies about the working of the Unions, that allowed.
    Complete and utter lies about DB/IE/BE, are pushed as the truth, when pointed out ,ignored/dismissed as lies.
    On and on it goes, so is here just for bashing DB/IE/BE/LUAS, ranting and raving about something and not wanting to know the truth because you have already made up your mind?
    If here is just for venting, let it be known and DB/IE/BE/LUAS staff can stay away as clearly their knowledge is not wanted or welcomed.

The actual staff members who have contributed in recent times have not approached it in the correct manner. There are plenty from CIE companies who do it the right way and most will accept their knowledge and debate it and don't get banned.

I have personally wrote negatively about NTA, FTP and CIE companies and staff however I have also accepted when I was wrong about something. If you did the same I don't think there will be any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

bebeman wrote: »
    Calling out posters who lie about DB/Unions is considered a bad thing here?

I wouldn't worry about it, it's just an opinion. It's a discussion forum and not a love in for CIE and it's various unions. I'm not here to defend the company that i work for, they can do that themselves. My opinion is my own only, if someone is posting what i believe to be false information then I'd mention it and the reason why. I'm on here a good few years and have been banned a few times when the debate is getting a bit heated some warrented and some just from an overzelous moderator but it's par of the course on here and I'm still here offering my opinion. Posters can post what they want about the union and the company i work for as its not going to stop me from posting my own opinions.
    If you get stressed easily over what's been said about your employment then it's best to give the Internet a miss.
    CIE and its unions are there to be shot at you can't please everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Discussion of moderation is against the charter - if you have a problem with a sanction from a moderator there is the DRP process to challenge it, that is independent of forum moderators and I would encourage anyone who feels they have been wronged to avail of this.

Everyone is entitled to post their views and they need to expect that they may be challenged by people who may have a different point of view, someone having a point of view that you consider is not valid or incorrect is not a reason to be uncivil to someone, nor is it for the moderators to judge whether a point is valid or not and neither are the moderators required to fact check posts from any side of a debate.

You can have differences of opinions, but differences do not mean free reign to denigrate, troll for responses, make crass generalisations or be personally abusive because you disagree with them. Let's make this place where alternative viewpoints aren't vilified, but challenged, debated and/or debunked with well constructed, respectful counterpoints without being uncivil to each other or attacking the poster rather than the post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement