Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone driving Ireland - Cheltenham Monday?

Options
  • 03-03-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Bit of a long shot! anyone driving over to Cheltenham on Monday 12th from Ireland? (anywhere really) basically am booked with Ryanair over Aer Lingus back, cant find passport (and probably cant get one before i go over either). I can fly on Aer Lingus on my drivers licence, but not with Ryanair!

So anyone with a spare seat id happily pay my way over on the monday! can meet etc whereever really! TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I’m pretty certain you can get an emergency fast tracked replacement passport by going to pp office

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Where are you based?

There'a a rail and sail option that allows walk on passengers to board the ferry and get a train to wherever you want to go in the UK.

€50 for a single journey.

https://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/special-offers-from-britain-to-ireland/rail-sail/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Actually I just checked pp online lost ones takes 4 weeks. If it’s expired you can get it in a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

i cant get up for the passport to dublin this week, thats the issue! Sail ~& rail could be an option to be fair! but id rather the company / go by car

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I know someone who recently renewed their passport online (May be different for a replacement). But they had the passport back in 4-5 working days, even though the delivery date online was much longer than this. May be too late now but you never know. They submitted the online application on a Thursday and received it the Wednesday morning I believe.

• Advertisement

sound, thanks, no joy, sail and rail is the most likely runner at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Have you looked at getting a passport card? From memory it's just an app and the card comes a few days later. I do think you need your passport number but I had a picture so that did the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Why don't you buy a rail sail ticket but just for the ferry

So buy ticket at connolly or dublin port

Walk through dublin port onto ferry

Exit via car deck in car with person driving

Enjoy

I don't have a lift! ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Bus to Belfast fly over with photo id?

• Advertisement
Advertisement