Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend stuck in Paris, cannot get through to AerLingus on phone

Options
  • 03-03-2018 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend is stuck in Paris after flying in from China, her flight to Dublin due in at 11.00 this morning cancelled. Seems very confused there she was just given 2 Dublin numbers and told to call them and arrange replacement flight herself! Told she may be there till Tuesday.

I have been trying 01 886 8989 / 8505 / 8690 / 8880all morning, just get a message (from Vodafone I assume) saying we cannot connect you. No updates on AerLingus site or Twitter since yesterday.

Anyone else getting through?

Am thinking of going to airport am in Santry, what is M1 like now?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

M1 / M50 road into is clear now. I was at the airport this morning. Small roads around the airport are treacherous. Stay on the main roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Get her to use their Facebook and/or Twitter accounts. They might be monitoring these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

It sounds like the lines are just completely choked with people calling and they haven't put a proper call centre number in place. They're just giving out a list of normal landlines. Those an only handle so many call attempts simultaneously and then the network will start playing out error messages. They're not intended to be used like that.

Try them on Twitter and Facebook.

Aer Lingus France is on: 08 21 23 02 67 (will cost more than a local call as its like an 1850 number here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭MrCostington

@bikeman1 many thanks! I'll nip up later after lunch if I don't get though.

I'm not on facebook or twitter myself, but have asked someone who is to send a message thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,405 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I had a look on Sky Scanner for other flights options home, no direct flights available today using that site but there are bookings involving 2 flights, might be an option, not ideal but an option and perhaps even though guts of a days worth of travel might get her home earlier than waiting for her airline to have availability.

• Advertisement

I had a look on Sky Scanner for other flights options home, no direct flights available today using that site but there are bookings involving 2 flights, might be an option, not ideal but an option and perhaps even though guts of a days worth of travel might get her home earlier than waiting for her airline to have availability.

Thanks! I'll have a look and suggest it to her, can't get her now her battery must be dead but they are putting her up in a hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Thanks! I'll have a look and suggest it to her, can't get her now her battery must be dead but they are putting her up in a hotel

At least she with an airline 'who cares'...

Another airline would make her pay fir a hotel and then make a claim. As in... sort it out yourself and contact us later when you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm not sure that any airline will discuss your girlfriend's travel plans with you, without her written permission.

Just saying ... save yourself a trip and all.

I'm not sure that any airline will discuss your girlfriend's travel plans with you, without her written permission.

Just saying ... save yourself a trip and all.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I planned to skype her in front of the agent if possible. Anyway, her daughter is getting somewhere on facebook so will see how that pans out.

Advertisement