Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Irish Easter Festival

Options
  • 03-03-2018 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Looks like being a great event with a variety of tournaments for players of all strengths.Great to have all play all events particularly!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

I hope to see more entries for the 7-round 40+ sections now that Bunratty is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

I hope to see more entries for the 7-round 40+ sections now that Bunratty is over.
    Given the huge success of the recent over 50s competition I'm sure it will get a healthy entry.
    I would have played in it myself but I prefer the idea of a 9 round all play all even if it means that I will be assuming the role of an ageing and injured wilderbeest thrown in with a pack of young lions.

sodacat11 wrote: »
    Given the huge success of the recent over 50s competition I'm sure it will get a healthy entry.
    I would have played in it myself but I prefer the idea of a 9 round all play all even if it means that I will be assuming the role of an ageing and injured wilderbeest thrown in with a pack of young lions.

Nine games in five days did not appeal to me but I am glad to see you entered a different event!

Nine games in five days did not appeal to me but I am glad to see you entered a different event!
    If a few more players don't enter the oldies section you may get moved to mine :pac:

If a few more players don't enter the oldies section you may get moved to mine :pac:

No, in that case I will ask for my money back. After the events of last week I am way behind with my literary work.

• Advertisement

Where are all the 18-2100 rated players? Very competitive ten player all play all for 1800+ still isn't full. This should be a very exciting event because there is very little between all the entrants and literally any of them could win!!

Where are all the 18-2100 rated players? Very competitive ten player all play all for 1800+ still isn't full. This should be a very exciting event because there is very little between all the entrants and literally any of them could win!!

I guess that a lot of them are working and this possibly explains the poor entry for the innovative 40+ tournaments. Maybe ICU should have started the events a day later and finished on Easter Monday.

I guess that a lot of them are working and this possibly explains the poor entry for the innovative 40+ tournaments. Maybe ICU should have started the events a day later and finished on Easter Monday.

Yes, strange decision to start on a Wednesday and not to use the Bank Holiday Monday. The Blitz event should have been held on the Wednesday night.

If the lower section had a ceiling of 1800 instead of a silly 100 point overlap with the 1800+ event that probably would have helped too as would restricting the IM event to over 2200s

I am not sure what ICU intend to do if entries for the 40+ don't change. At present there are only six entries for the higher event and eight would be the minimum for a meaningful round-robin.

Will they cancel the higher rating group or merge the two?

I am certainly happy to withdraw and get my money back (or put it towards some future event) as I find I am busier than expected, due to time lost with these two recent snow episodes.

I am actually going to email ICU now and propose this.

One possibility might be for two of Ray, Bernard and Vahe to join your round-robin (though it would now mean 9 games instead of 7) and put Art and Gearoidin in the more popular sub-1600 40+. (Art is slightly over the 1600 cut-off but I doubt if anyone would object.)

I agree that the low rating of some players in the IM group is a bit strange though it probably suits the player seeking a WIM norm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement