Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook Messenger query

• 02-03-2018 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45

For work, I respond to visitors to our business page using the page name - but today it's started using my personal profile to respond to people and I don't know how to amend it.
    Not sure I'm making it clear, but say the firm is called "Business Blocks". When someone messages, normally my response through Messenger would be as "Business Blocks" - but today it's started using my "Liz Heen" Messenger profile - which is really confusing clients!
    I don't own the business page - I'm an employee and an Admin on the page.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Lizheen wrote: »
    For work, I respond to visitors to our business page using the page name - but today it's started using my personal profile to respond to people and I don't know how to amend it.
    Not sure I'm making it clear, but say the firm is called "Business Blocks". When someone messages, normally my response through Messenger would be as "Business Blocks" - but today it's started using my "Liz Heen" Messenger profile - which is really confusing clients!
    I don't own the business page - I'm an employee and an Admin on the page.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Cheers
    Are you maybe logged into it on your own profile ?maybe try deleting and re downloading the app and see if that dods anything ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Lizheen

Are you maybe logged into it on your own profile ?maybe try deleting and re downloading the app and see if that dods anything ?

I'm using a desktop - and did log off and back on. It's just a glitch with responding to messages - for everything else, the "Business Blocks" profile is fine, but it's driving me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Lizheen wrote: »
    I'm using a desktop - and did log off and back on. It's just a glitch with responding to messages - for everything else, the "Business Blocks" profile is fine, but it's driving me nuts.
    Ah ok my bad ya not sure then tbh when responding does i give any option on changing the response from you to the page?facebook always seems to have something wrong with it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That's a strange one and not great to be responding from your personal profile if you don't know these customers. You don't want them snooping all over your personal page! Was this fixed?

Advertisement