Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 5c black screen after dropped

Options
  • 02-03-2018 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I dropped my 5c and at first the screen was okay, had a few green/red lines on it (no cracks whatsoever) over time it got worse and worse and now the screen is black. If I turn the phone on a light under the screen comes on, white light and I see a few white lines on the screen show up but that's it. I went to two shops and they didnt look at it at alp but just say i need a new screen? I just want some more opinions . Anyone know what I need to do for it to be fixed? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RyanJB

Gyxcbd wrote: »
    I dropped my 5c and at first the screen was okay, had a few green/red lines on it (no cracks whatsoever) over time it got worse and worse and now the screen is black. If I turn the phone on a light under the screen comes on, white light and I see a few white lines on the screen show up but that's it. I went to two shops and they didnt look at it at alp but just say i need a new screen? I just want some more opinions . Anyone know what I need to do for it to be fixed? Cheers

Put simply, your phone's screen is bolloxed! Considering it's a 5C, the phone's warranty is out which means you have various options:

- Get it fixed by Apple for an astronomical price.
    - Get it fixed by a repairman for a cheaper price. (usually €50-€80)
    - Do it yourself. (buy a 5C screen from eBay & search up a tutorial on YouTube, they're pretty easy and it'll cost you a fraction of what it would cost for someone else to do it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gyxcbd

RyanJB wrote: »
    Put simply, your phone's screen is bolloxed! Considering it's a 5C, the phone's warranty is out which means you have various options:

- Get it fixed by Apple for an astronomical price.
    - Get it fixed by a repairman for a cheaper price. (usually €50-€80)
    - Do it yourself. (buy a 5C screen from eBay & search up a tutorial on YouTube, they're pretty easy and it'll cost you a fraction of what it would cost for someone else to do it)
    Yeah everywhere local to me said it'll cost 20 euro which seems worth it tbh let's hope it works

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gyxcbd

I forgot the passcode and what iTunes account I used, is there anyway to get into phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

Yeah everywhere local to me said it'll cost 20 euro which seems worth it tbh let's hope it works

Sounds a good deal for a fitted screen - but I guess its an older phone (but still a very capable one!) and they might want to clear their parts for them...
    I forgot the passcode and what iTunes account I used, is there anyway to get into phone?

you can go through apple support and prove the phone and account is yours. Details on their website - but I think it takes days to complete the procedure.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement