Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 49PUS6401 Screen Shading ISSUE

Options
  • 02-03-2018 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Guys having a small problem with this TV, maybe someone knows whats going on...

If have dark shady patches on the screen, has been there a while but with all the coverage of the snow on tv today, this really shows up on the white screen.

Iv tried cleaning the screen but that does no good at all...

Anyone any ideas? any help would be appreciated...

wiVfoAg.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What you have is DSE (Dirty Screen Effect), it's in a lot of LED/LCD panels so not uncommon, most panels these days have some sort of banding or DSE downside.
    Nothing you can do about it your end, this issue is with the panel, the brighter/whiter the picture then the more it is noticable

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

thanks for the reply, done a bit of research and it seems to be big issues this particular model..

Im far from happy with this so im gonna get on to Philips themselves, i expected far better from a 4K tv to be honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

NoelDoran wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, done a bit of research and it seems to be big issues this particular model..

Im far from happy with this so im gonna get on to Philips themselves, i expected far better from a 4K tv to be honest.

LG, Samsung, Philips, Sony they all have the same issue, apparently it's in assembly so one TV could have very little DSE and the next one on the line could be worse, bit of pot luck!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

some load of B****X reply form Philips

'Thank you for contacting us with regards to your query. We would like to provide you with the following information.
    After a careful investigation of the case, I am very sorry to inform you that the issue appearing on your TV set is called DSE (which stands for Dirty Screen Effect). Unfortunately - the warranty does not cover that specific issue as it is caused by the dust in the atmosphere and is not a warranty or a manufacturing issue.

As you have a LED TV, please bear in mind that a full-array and direct backlighting can contribute to worse gray uniformity. It's often possible to see a faint grid on the screen, corresponding to the placement of the LEDs.
    I took the liberty of consulting your case with our Head Office's Engineer which stated that this issue within the specification of this technology'

SO basically they are telling me TOUGH ****, we know there is a problem but we are not fixing it for you..

Anyone tell me what my rights are now? If i took it back to argos would they sort it for me? i mean its only 7 months old...

This is a picture of the grey screen test they got me to do, as you can see its all over the screen

WG3VkrP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chenz116

did you ever find a fix?

same issue is starting to happen with mine.

• Advertisement

chenz116 wrote: »
    did you ever find a fix?

same issue is starting to happen with mine.

Took it back to argos in the end, they sent it back to Dublin to be inspected, a week later they rang me and told me it was unrepairable and offered me a refund...

Obviously it couldnt get a TV with that spec for that price so I went for a 49'' Samsung curved 4k TV for a €100 dearer but man it was well worth it, fabulous TV with an outstanding picture.

Have to say argos were a pleasure to deal with and they were disgusted to here the way Philips treated me...

My mother bought one of these TVs when i did and I had to return it last weekend because of the same DSE (shading) problem...

Credit to argos, no fuss and I didnt have to wait a week for the tv to be sent away to be checked, they just gave me store credit there and then...

NEVER WILL I BUY A PHILIPS TV AGAIN....

Advertisement