Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which charolais Bull.

Options
  • 02-03-2018 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Just wondering has anyone any experience with using VOIMO (VMO) charolais bull for increased replacement euro star rating on a purebred cow, hoping for a heifer calf. Any info appreciated.
    I.u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the3rdman

Have used Voimo and have a bull and a heifer which are both around year old now. No issues calving and very impressed with them. I plan to sell the bull later in year and keep the heifer. Have 3 purebreds calving this year to voimo again this year. Doesn't seem to be a bull that is used very much and not well known so hope that doesn't go against me when selling bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Invalid user

the3rdman wrote: »
    Have used Voimo and have a bull and a heifer which are both around year old now. No issues calving and very impressed with them. I plan to sell the bull later in year and keep the heifer. Have 3 purebreds calving this year to voimo again this year. Doesn't seem to be a bull that is used very much and not well known so hope that doesn't go against me when selling bull.

Thanks for that. What was the euro star index of the heifer like compared to her mother and the linear scoring also

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the3rdman

cow had rep index of 53 and muscle 103, heifer has rep index of 112 and muscle 105 also 123 ter index.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Invalid user

Has anyone else experience with using VMO

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Has anyone else experience with using VMO

The brother has two VMO straws cooking in cows ovens at present. Will let you know in 6 months :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭RD10

Thinking of using an easy calving charolais on cows next year, was wondering same about this bull - anyone have any more experience using him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭tanko

RD10 wrote: »
    Thinking of using an easy calving charolais on cows next year, was wondering same about this bull - anyone have any more experience using him?

He's €38 a straw unfortunately, only pedigree breeders use him i'd say.

Have you ever used Fiston, hard to look past him for commercials imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭RD10

Havn't used him yet, but another option worth thinking of.
    Have you used him much? Heard good things about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Eurogene have a CH bull Torino. Easy calving on ICBF at around 4%.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭tanko

RD10 wrote: »
    Havn't used him yet, but another option worth thinking of.
    Have you used him much? Heard good things about him.

Yeah, ive used him a bit. Find him easy calved on cows and good quality. He's well worth a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement