Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriend..

Options
  • 02-03-2018 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I gave my boyfriend. Samsung s 8 in my phone up grade well he wanted it ..now I know he sold it and got one from a tesco phone deal total different phone he got Samsung s7 in gold but thinks I think he the one I gave him .. now I know he sold the Samsung s8 ..any advice would be good..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Is he a gambler or does he get drugs on tick ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

You have no reason to be in an 18 month, €50 a month contract yourself. Your phone use is €15 a month max.

So you thought you were buying your bf's affections for the equivalent of €35 a month for the next 18 months.

And he pawned it for a few nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Snkelly56

He just went on and on he needed a good phone ..
    Now he thinks I dnt know..
    I think time to end our relationship...as I think it's dishonest I have said to him is their anything you want to tell me he said no ..
    So my gut says end it ..2 yrs. We togher ..

No his not ..

• Administrators Posts: 13,862 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Stop hinting and ask him straight out? Are you tied into a contract now for a phone he sold? Did you want the phone/contract? Why did you give him the phone on the first place? Did he ask for it, or did you just offer it?

Best bet is to talk to him. He's the only one who can explain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

This isn't just about the phone though, is it? What he did doesn't appear to be nice or honest but you do need to establish the facts. If you're talking about ending a 2 year relationship over this, it implies that this isn't an isolated incident.

No its the way he went about it he hates lies if he gave me it and I did it he go mad .
    But he thinks he has me fooled but he ant fooling me his fooling him self ...dnt like lies now I dnt think he can be trusted .....as he made huge fuss about needing a new Samsung s7 or 8 phone ..he also pocket the money he got for selling it ....

• Administrators Posts: 13,862 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Mod Note:

Snkelly56, can we ask that you not use txtspk. It makes your posts quite difficult to read.

I don't understand how he thinks you won't notice if the phone he has now is completely different to the one you gave him? Are you sure he sold it? Maybe someone else needed one and he gave it to them?

The simplest thing to do here is talk to him. Are you going to do that?

Txtspk aside I'm finding it a little hard to follow your posts. Am I right in interpreting the story as follows...
    1. You upgraded your phone to a Samsung Galaxy S8.
    2. Instead of keeping it for yourself, you gave it to your boyfriend
    3. He sold the phone and presumably got several hundred Euros for it
    4. He availed of the Tesco Mobile bill pay offer for an S7. €79.99 upfront and then €30 after that.
    5. He's now trying to pretend he's using the phone you gave him.

You have every right to be furious at him and he really should give you your money back. Personally, I wouldn't like to be in a relationship with someone who pulled a fast one like this and took me for a fool. But you know this guy, I don't.

Yes how you put it is perfect ...
    Finished with him as now he can not be trusted ...
    I had a gut feeling but now at least know ...and that's over now ...

• Advertisement

Did you get the money back off him?

No if he that much of a low life he welcome to it ....€700 more important to him ....

No he not pay it back..
    He do ever thing but that ....if he that much of a low life he is welcome to €700 ...

And I now know he was a user ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

piplip87 wrote: »
    Is he a gambler or does he get drugs on tick ?

Bit of a leap there...

No drugs no gambling just a low life

Who can tell u they love you but can be so dishonest .. I gave him chance I ask him is their anything u need to tell me he didn't....simply as he a player who thinks I am a fool.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Snkelly56 wrote: »
    No drugs no gambling just a low life

Who can tell u they love you but can be so dishonest .. I gave him chance I ask him is their anything u need to tell me he didn't....simply as he a player who thinks I am a fool.....

why end it without asking him out right?
    he could have “broke” the phone you gave him. was devastated and as a result of not being able to afford another s8 got s7 to not hurt your feelings. whilst unlikely there are plenty of reasons all valid behind his decision.

just ask

Advertisement