Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Advise

Options
  • 01-03-2018 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Looking for a place to put my savings. I have about 15k currently saved and have a current account that has more than enough to get by. I have a steady job with regular income with money going directly into this saving account. I’m still young (22) so have a long time to save or could possibly take some risks with this in the hope of greater return. I won’t need to touch these savings (hopefully) for a long while but the problem is that its currently sitting in a BOI savings account which only gives 0.25% AER over 10k so I feel like this isn’t the best situation, any suggestions/advise on where to put this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

State savings for 5 years may suit. Slightly higher return, no risk to capital.

There are multiple other threads on this forum about "getting better rate than bank" - have you read those?

Advertisement