Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beast from the East

Options
  • 01-03-2018 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭

A bit quiet in here of late - has everyone moved back to Ireland?

Anyway, how're ye all getting on with this weather?

We recently moved a bit further out into proper Essex (as opposed to the Greater London part of Essex) and we've been fairly covered in snow since Monday. Thankfully I'm on training course all week that I can remote into as the trains into Liv St. have been a nightmare by all accounts. Were I in work, I definitely would have been pushing for a WFH week. I know today especially most of our team are not in the office.

The folks flight over for this evening has been cancelled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Most people outside of the city have struggled to get into the office the past few days. I only have to worry about the Northern Line and that's been fine.

Was supposed to go to Birmingham for a big family occasion at the weekend but won't be doing that as nobody from Ireland can make it now.

Will probably WFH tomorrow as I'll be doing training myself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I've been OK really. I'm up in Kilburn so the Jubilee hasn't been affected too much thankfully. I'll always be OK as I have heaps of buses to choose from, or just walk!

theteal, what part of Essex did you move to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,728 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm in Wembley Park but the 2 lads I work with both live in Essex, Colchester & Rayleigh. The chap from Rayleigh has been able to get in with bother but the other chap has been off 2 days and has booked leave for today.

I've just had to use the Jubilee line as the Metropolitan line going in is even less dependable than usual.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I can work from home so its been fine. Im on a southeastern rail line so they kinda fell apart pretty early but have been fine yesterday and today.

Went to work today because ive been going a bit mad sitting at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Jaysus now I feel bad for telling my boss all week that I couldn’t get to Canary Wharf....from Harringey!!

Another blizzard due this afternoon too I believe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've been OK really. I'm up in Kilburn so the Jubilee hasn't been affected too much thankfully. I'll always be OK as I have heaps of buses to choose from, or just walk!

theteal, what part of Essex did you move to?

We find ourselves out in Wickford now, 35-40 mins on train to Liv St. Finally on the ladder and all that jazz. Close to Southend Airport too which is handy for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm in Wembley Park but the 2 lads I work with both live in Essex, Colchester & Rayleigh. The chap from Rayleigh has been able to get in with bother but the other chap has been off 2 days and has booked leave for today.

I've just had to use the Jubilee line as the Metropolitan line going in is even less dependable than usual.

Rayleigh is the next stop out beyond us. Trains have been carnage, Wickford platform crowded and then as there is reduced service the trains are full by the time they get to us. I don't have tolerance for that lark. There's no guarantee for when I'd be likely to get home in the evening so I'm in no hurry to get involved.

I can do 80% of my job remotely and thankfully I've no kit to build this week so it's not been an issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,728 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

theteal wrote: »
    Rayleigh is the next stop out beyond us. Trains have been carnage, Wickford platform crowded and then as there is reduced service the trains are full by the time they get to us. I don't have tolerance for that lark. There's no guarantee for when I'd be likely to get home in the evening so I'm in no hurry to get involved.

I can do 80% of my job remotely and thankfully I've no kit to build this week so it's not been an issue.

Jesus. His trains one evening were all cancelled so he'd no idea how he was getting home. Fortunately, some of them were reinstated.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement