Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix / Sky Partnership

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Maybe I'm misreading the article, but sounds like the partnership isn't bidirectional; ie, Sky content won't be appearing on Netflix (even if Sky's own content is a bit patchy)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd love if it was, but it looks like it's one way only - Netflix content on Sky only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

The partnership makes a lot of sense, although the article presumes that the Netflix content will be free to anyone that has SkyQ, I wouldn’t be so sure about that. It says that it will integrate the Netflix app into SkyQ. You may still need a paid Netflix account.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"Existing Netflix customers will be able to migrate their account to the new Sky bundle, or sign into the Netflix app using their existing account details."

https://deadline.com/2018/03/sky-netflix-partnership-bundle-subscription-pack-1202306699/

"New Sky bundle" = price hike I think. Looks like yes - it will be one bill instead of two if you migrate, but chances are you'll be paying the same amount of money overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

My take is it just gives Netflix a new platform for their app and you can pay through Sky if it makes it easier for you.

Also more data mining by big companies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement