Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis at Dublin Airport?

Options
  • 01-03-2018 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

My mam is coming in from Australia today. The flight is still showing due (actually early) in the Emirates and Dublin Airport website.

I was going to pick her up but feel very uncondident driving in this weather. In the 2010 snowfall I slid backwards off the n3 off ramp, and would need to do the same journey today.

Does anyone know if there are taxis at the airport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If the airport is open and flights coming/going there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

For the record there weren't any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I wouldnt blame the taxi drivers then. If they crash their car they are off the road and suffer loss of income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

How far from the airport are you? BE, DB, Aircoach and other privates should be running tommorrow maybe she could take one of those or you could pick up from one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

amtc wrote:
    For the record there weren't any.

I stood for 30 minutes at a taxi rank today and in the end my wife picked me up. Roads are horrible and with a red warning taxi driver would be mad to come out on the road

• Advertisement

This was Thursday. My mam was coming in from Australia and going to d15. What I ended up doing was booking one on mytaxi app and Mr Wu picked her up 7 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

amtc wrote: »
    This was Thursday. My mam was coming in from Australia and going to d15. What I ended up doing was booking one on mytaxi app and Mr Wu picked her up 7 minutes later.

Government told people to stay indoors on Thurs and the roads were pretty hazardous .
    Mr Wu presumably is renting the taxi,,Most taxi drivers (owners) wont venture out in that weather , in case of accidents and i couldnt blame them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Haven't been out working since Tuesday, as you say just too risky.
    You don't get any extra for doing it, the meter rate stays the same, and though I have reasonable confidence in my own abilities in the snow, I wouldn't trust anyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Haven't been out working since Tuesday, as you say just too risky.
    You don't get any extra for doing it, the meter rate stays the same, and though I have reasonable confidence in my own abilities in the snow, I wouldn't trust anyone else!

Thats the thing, I went to my local supermarket on foot yesterday and today and the amount of drivers I saw out there ,who were not only "speeding" and sliding all over the place and effectively out of control.

My point was to say that one reply had said if there were flights coming and going there would be taxis. They simply werent. My 70 year old mother was coming in from Perth having left my grandmother, and had a 30kg suitcase. She rang me in tears at arrivals. I don't care if Mr Wu rents his taxi or not, and I really don't want to see anyone put their lives in danger, but I'm very pleased to get my mam home. Not that I've seen her yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

amtc wrote: »
    My point was to say that one reply had said if there were flights coming and going there would be taxis. They simply werent. My 70 year old mother was coming in from Perth having left my grandmother, and had a 30kg suitcase. She rang me in tears at arrivals. I don't care if Mr Wu rents his taxi or not, and I really don't want to see anyone put their lives in danger, but I'm very pleased to get my mam home. Not that I've seen her yet!

Mr Wu must be double jobbing, he used to clean windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

oh for a rail link

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Isambard wrote:
    oh for a rail link

All railways, dart and luas were closed at the time that op wanted a taxi to be fair

Advertisement