Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing QuantLib on Python

Options
  • 28-02-2018 9:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭

Does anyone know what's the best way to install QuantLib on Python?

I'm using Anaconda and would like to install QuantLib.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

pip install quantlib-python
    conda install quantlib-python

What problem are you having? Probably windows related - fix is to not use windows. If you persist then you have to build it yourself or find a prebuilt package somewhere, try the usual place (gohlke's website).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭Pluto Planet

Ok, I ran "conda install -c tonyroberts quantlib" which seems to have installed quantlib in Anaconda as I can now see the package there.

I'm using the Spyder IDE, how do I now set up Spyder to so I can use quantlib?

Apologies if my questions are stupid, very new to this stuff. Trying to learn it for work.

How many versions of python do you have on system? Which did you install quantlib to? Which is spyder using? Just point it at the right version.

TBH use pycharm - pretty much everyone ragequits from spyder after a week or two

Is noone in work helping you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭Pluto Planet

srsly78 wrote: »
    How many versions of python do you have on system? Which did you install quantlib to? Which is spyder using? Just point it at the right version.

TBH use pycharm - pretty much everyone ragequits from spyder after a week or two

Is noone in work helping you?

How do you point spyder to a version, what does that involve?

I don't know how many versions of python I have, I've downloaded loads of stuff at this stage trying to get it to work. I think I'm using python 3.6.

Spyder settings, select python version.

Its up to you to organise your own environment. Having multiple copies of python will just make things confusing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement