Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFH- extra control wanted

Options
  • 28-02-2018 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all - have a new house with ufh. I love the ufh but one thing that annoys me ( which in hindsight I should have copped but didn’t ) is that my landing upstairs and the main bathroom are controlled by the same thermostat. Obviously I would rather the bathroom warmer so I can feel the heat when I get out of the shower. The landing is only a walk though zone so doesn’t need the same level of heat.

Can the bathroom now be retrofitted as a new area and another thermostat added- I guess not but said I would ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Understandable what you want - I'm the same with wanting the bathroom warmer.
    Depends upon how it's plumbed (presumably it's a wet system and not electric?)
    If the landing and bathroom are individually piped back to a common manifold, in theory you should be able to split out the control for each. So have a look for the control manifold, and see if you can distinguish the two spaces. Take a photo if you want help identifying what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Becks610

Thanks a mill. I think I know what you mean- we have 4 thermostats upstairs but loads of manifolds.
    There appears to be a manifold for each separate area but not a stat. (My internet is gone with the weather so il post a pic when I’m back)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Becks610

See photo below with the manifold. I hope the photo works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

That looks somewhat promising - each loop seems to have it's own motorised valve. If you can identify that one of those loops goes only to the bathroom (and not the landing, you should be able then to fit some sort of standalone thermostat to control that motorised valve (+ call in the boiler too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes as Dardania says, once you have a loop just for the bathroom, you are in business.

Turn off the one you think might be the bathroom, and you can see then that only that area goes/stays cold. Then you will know you have a dedicated bathroom loop that can be controlled on its own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement