Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track IR

Options
  • 28-02-2018 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thinking of getting this for FS9, I mainly fly helicopters, just wondering is this for the VC only?? Or Spot Camera also?

I understand the IR lens goes on the top of the center of the PC Monitor, is this necessary? I am limited for space so wondering if I can place it on the shelf directly above the PC Monitor?

Thank you~Al.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Psychlops,
    Just wondering if you have tried the following:
    http://www.free-track.net/english/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Hi Skynight, I have not!

Skyknight wrote: »
    Psychlops,
    Just wondering if you have tried the following:
    http://www.free-track.net/english/

That looks like a lot of work, has anybody got TrackIR?

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭keroseneboy

Psychlops wrote: »
    Anybody?

Yes, I have TrackIR with a wireless rechargeable substitute for the device you wear. Its called TrackHatClip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I have Track IR and use a third party clip, think from the same provider as TrackHat above, and have attached it to my headset.

Love it and wouldn't "fly" without it. I use it with EZCA v2 and with that you can enable/disable Track IR in different views.

Thanks all, I see they have a new version that does not require a hat, it clips onto your speaker headset, is Track IR just for the virtual cockpit or can I use it in spot view also??

I mainly fly helicopters.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Psychlops wrote: »
    Thanks all, I see they have a new version that does not require a hat, it clips onto your speaker headset, is Track IR just for the virtual cockpit or can I use it in spot view also??

I mainly fly helicopters.

Thank you.

There are 2 parts of Track IR, the unit which sits on top of your monitor and the infrared spots which the unit looks for. The spots can be placed on a cap or attached to your microphone headset. I prefer the latter.

I believe it can be used in Spot view but it wouldn't work well. It's designed to control pilot view from within the cockpit. You would generally use the hat/pov switch on your joystick to control spot view.

Thank you.

Advertisement