Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The end! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That last scene with the bunny was fantastic. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,955 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm I'm sure I've seen that bunny scene before ...

"... oh but sir, it's only wafer thin..." ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Decent teaser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭tigger123

Looking forward to this, loved the first one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,955 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I enjoyed the first film, but blergh, the Disney high-fiving could get more than a little obnoxious.

I saw this at the weekend and it was very watchable but had few laughs.
    I have to say that it did look gorgeous, though.

They took out the bunny pancake scene too (the producers couldn't find a place for it in the final movie so they moved it out to the end credits, long after everyone has left).

There is another scene at the very end of the credits too (a
    a Frozen 2 trailer that turns into a rickroll
    )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Similar to the first - enjoyed it, but not blown away by it. Some funny moments, but enjoyed the spotting / use of references (some of them were quite clever) moreso.

Thought the mid-credit scene in particular was very good (having seen the trailer).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Saw it at the weekend. All the issues of the Emoji movie (re: product placement) but moreso with a whole lot of agenda added in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

An unexpected ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

I loved it, just as much as the first one. One of my best friends and I saw the first one together, and always wondered how a second one would work. He moved away before we could see this one. A rather fitting message in the 2nd movie with my situation. I didn't tear up, it was just my contacts haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I somewhat enjoyed the first Ralph, even though it felt way more like a Pixar film and concept than a Disney animated classic. This sequel though? Ugh. Disney showing off all the properties they own was just nauseating. The Princesses scene felt like another studio parodying Disney princesses.

In the past year, I've rewatched all of the "Walt Disney Animated Classics" (for the second time in about 10 years), besides maybe the package films from '42-'49, Ralph Breaks The Internet is my least favourite in the line.

You know what films 5 year olds love? Pinocchio, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, The Lion King. You know what films they don't love? Films about SnapChat, eBay, DoS attacks, social media, and the fecking darknet. Pinocchio has always been my #1, and at nearly 80 years later, it's still Disney's masterpiece. It's magical. Will Wreck-It Ralph 2 be as beloved in 80 years? I don't think so. It'll be remembered as being #57 is the Disney Classic line, and little else. It'll be badly dated in less than 10 years.

All new Disney Classics should try to reach the quality and brilliance of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, or Bambi, or Beauty and The Beast. Even films as recently as Tangled and Frozen attempted this. But since Winnie The Pooh in 2011, this decade has been a weird trajectory for the animated Classics line. Out of 57 films, Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet is only the fourth sequel, and only the second "proper" sequel which actually follows-on from the original. #58 is going to be another sequel. After which I really hope the studio can find some of that magical storytelling from the 30s/40s/or 90s renaissance. Magic that doesn't involve cameos from Iron Man or stormtroopers.

Advertisement