Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - remove stuck gear cable?

Options
  • 27-02-2018 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

My CX bike has a shimano sora set of shifters. The rear gear cable snapped inside the shifter. I am having a nervous breakdown trying to get the frayed cable end out of the shifter. Searched about a dozen how to videos. None work. All out of ideas. I need the bike tmrw so any ideas folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Shift all the way round so the lug faces out the gap in the lever, then tweeser it out. Fiddly but possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

use a fine metal pick to push/pull/prise it out...I get these issues frequently in the workshop.

don't use a wooden toothpick!

it will break in the shifter and your problem will be doubled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Hook and pick set is brilliant for this issue.

milwaukee-specialty-hand-tools-48-22-9215-64_1000.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

DIE WEISSE ENGEL!

Advertisement