Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread and milk

Options
  • 27-02-2018 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

M&S in Douglas have a small amount of bread left but going fast so go go go go.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Alternative BA for anyone who missed out on the bread offer, Cannibalism book for only 5p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cannibalism-Naomi-Wood-Snow/dp/1424122058/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1519753774&sr=1-8&keywords=cannibalism

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭manofthefora

But beware - this book does NOT contain cooking instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I've 3 sliced pans to sell in cork area- a tenner each . Must collect though, I'm not leaving house before Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Us Irish really are an embarrassment at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

A lot of people stocking up on cans aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You want to hit a supermarket that has its own bakery, in my local LIDL the bakery bread shelves were well stocked, but zero sliced pans.

I find long life milk (UHT) ok in coffee but not in tea or on cereal.

In light of the earlier comment re: cannibalism, the empty beef section in the fridges versus the fully stocked pork section is concerning. I hope they aren't using a "local" supplier... of "local" people.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I’ve stocked up on meat. Too many carbs in bread. It’s no wonder the country has a T2/obesity epidemic. Potatoes are diabetes in a skin.

Same as Coca Cola, 7up and Pepsi. The zero/diet versions are a whole lot healthier and nicer in my opinion and the fact you’d have to drink 200 cans of Diet Coke to match the calories in one can of regular coke (and the fact you’ve no sugar in these 200 cans) really says it all. T2 will bankrupt the HSE in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd gladly pay €5 a loaf rather than spend the evening driving around looking for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

I'd gladly pay €5 a loaf rather than spend the evening driving around looking for some.

Just go to a shop that sells gluten free bread.

It's always left over during "crisis" and if it's toasted with a snow shovel of butter on it sure it's mighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Nollog

Iceland do long life milk 65 cent per litre. Cheapest in my area anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Alternatively buy a bag of flour and some buttermilk. That'll keep you going for a few days and save you a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Hoboo

ArthurG wrote: »
    Alternatively buy a bag of flour and some buttermilk. That'll keep you going for a few days and save you a fortune.

Be a lovely combo if you've no electricity or gas for the oven! In fairness though, you're right, although Id be going the pancake route.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

How much for a crust...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Hoboo wrote: »
    Be a lovely combo if you've no electricity or gas for the oven! In fairness though, you're right, although Id be going the pancake route.

No eggs here either!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I’ve stocked up on meat. Too many carbs in bread. It’s no wonder the country has a T2/obesity epidemic. Potatoes are diabetes in a skin.

Same as Coca Cola, 7up and Pepsi. The zero/diet versions are a whole lot healthier and nicer in my opinion and the fact you’d have to drink 200 cans of Diet Coke to match the calories in one can of regular coke (and the fact you’ve no sugar in these 200 cans) really says it all. T2 will bankrupt the HSE in years to come.

Don't feed the troll.

I'm actually surprised at people stockpiling bread tho. Sure it only lasts a day or so before it's stale. Frozenbread ? Surely buy something else for the freezer that's smaller and nicer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement