Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storage heater have stopped working

Options
  • 27-02-2018 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi  I have 2 night storage heaters in one room and one is not working by night.  What steps should I take to try and get it working ?
    replace the switch ? what else would you advise ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

It is getting ESB as it also has a switch on side of heater to get heat immediately and if turn this on heats fine - but storage heater itself not working...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Most of the time it's the stat but it could be any number of problem s. Wouldn't recommend going at it yourself unless you have a good idea what your doing

I have done some work on these before - where would I find the stat & is it possible to replace it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The switch should have an indicator light above it to tell you when it's getting power. If this doesn't come on, then the switch probably needs to be replaced. Easy fix, I had to do this twice in a property that was less than five years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

It’s most like the high limit stat has tripped out

Post #9 might help

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057115667

Or google storage heater reset

• Advertisement

I replaced the switch, but did not work at 11pm last night...

I will try to find the termostat - when I take off the cover on the heater - where will I find the termostat ? Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

harry999 wrote: »
    I replaced the switch, but did not work at 11pm last night...

I will try to find the termostat - when I take off the cover on the heater - where will I find the termostat ? Thks

Somewhere near the control knobs. Google it for your type of heater

Advertisement