Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Refund

Options
  • 27-02-2018 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just wondering if In anyone’s experience I would be entitled to a refund from my latest GP visit. I’ve moved to Dublin so it was my first time at the place. It took 30 minutes past my appointment time to be seen (I know this is semi normal but it added to my annoyance). It was for a problem related to my ear. The doctor looked at my ear and talked to me for about 3 minutes before telling my he couldn’t treat it and told me to go to a place on Henry street to have it seen to. He didn’t write down the name of the place and no one on henry street seems to treat the problem I have. The only places around Henry street that it could have been are hidden hearing and specsavers who both said that a GP is what I need. I’ve had to book another GP visit in another place to have this sorted. So on top of the €50 for the original visit I’ll be paying this too. Is it alright to except a refund for a 3 minute referral to a place that doesn’t exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,195 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Contact the surgery and ask for the name to be written down. You won't be getting a refund.

Advertisement