Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident/car repair, Dublin

• 27-02-2018 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

So stupid me reversed my car into a small pillar last night which I demolished however my back bumper is now cracked and will probably need replacing if it can't be baked.

I drive a 141 white vauxhall adam, does anyone know what price this will be?
    NCT is in a month so need to get on this ASAP.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Pic? Might be salvageable perhaps? It'd need plastic welding, filling and paint though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KeiraDave

It won't let me attach an image because I'm a new user.

I would say it will need to be replaced just haven't a clue price wise what it will be?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Opel dealer will quite you for the parts

Well if anyone has had this car and needed to get something fixed that would be really helpful.

Located in Dublin, near city centre, trying to avoid getting ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

New bumper supplied and fitted could be €6-700. You won't get many places that will repair a bumper unless the damage is a very light graize etc.

Too many variables to go into. Best thing to do is take it to a body shop and let them quote you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

New bumper supplied and fitted could be €6-700. You won't get many places that will repair a bumper unless the damage is a very light graize etc.

Too many variables to go into. Best thing to do is take it to a body shop and let them quote you.

That's almost 10% of the cars value. At what point does it become an economic right off.

Don't blame them for being the prices they are. I did slam down on the gas instead of the brake so it's expected. Expensive little cars

Dia1988 wrote: »
    That's almost 10% of the cars value. At what point does it become an economic right off.

Below 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Dia1988 wrote: »

Nowhere near there anyway.

Cat C is when the price of repair outweighs the pre accident value of the car.

Making me panic here, I'm hoping it won't be more then 700-800 even if it needs to be replaced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement