Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfortable Saddle for Racing

Options
  • 27-02-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Anybody got any good recommendations for a comfortable saddle for racing.

I know saddles are a personal preference but would like some feedback.

I would like a bit more comfort even if I had to sacrifice some weight.

Have tried a few now and find it hard to get one that feels comfortable.

All feedback greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Farloo wrote: »
    Anybody got any good recommendations for a comfortable saddle for racing.

I know saddles are a personal preference but would like some feedback.

I would like a bit more comfort even if I had to sacrifice some weight.

Have tried a few now and find it hard to get one that feels comfortable.

All feedback greatly appreciated!

what have you tried?
    i use Specialized Toupe 155mm wide. you can buy them in 3 different widths to suit your seat bones. i have a 155mm Romin but its not as comfortable.
    ive tried about 10 - 15 saddles and this is the best of a bad lot.

Ive an ISM saddle on my TT bike and have always been meaning to use it on the road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Farloo

I got a Giant Contact saddle with my Propel which i did not like. I then had a fabric scoop saddle which is supposed to be comfortable but after a while i did not like it. Have tried a couple of others i cant remember the name of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

some shops do Fizik, Selle Italia and Specialized test saddles. might be better find some near you that do that and try out a host of options

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have ISM adamo prologue on both my bikes and love them, very easy to move around on the saddle and very comfortable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Also have an ISM Adamo road on all my bikes, super comfy for me but a nightmare for others.
    literally no one can recommend you a saddle that will suit your arse, it's all a rather uncomfortable trial and error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Have a Selle Italia Kit Carbonio SLS on the way for the 'good bike'. I've been using one on the winter bike and find it very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

I rarely hear any complaints about the Fizik Aliante. Like Armstrong, I loved the Concor Light, but the rails kept breaking, so I gave up on them.

Advertisement