Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone security app

Options
  • 27-02-2018 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

im trying to keep track of my sons iPhone hes 16 but he has a new device on it that's takes a picture when I look at anything how would I bypass that .I have his unlock code but when I want to check his messages or anything the phone looks like it takes a picture .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,331 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I don't see that the feature you describe prevents you from keeping track of your son's iPhone. What it would do, presumably, is prevent you from keeping track of it without his knowing that you are doing so. Is that what you are trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

im trying to keep track of my sons iPhone hes 16 but he has a new device on it that's takes a picture when I look at anything how would I bypass that .I have his unlock code but when I want to check his messages or anything the phone looks like it takes a picture .

Is it taking a picture of you when you try to log in ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Is it taking a picture of you when you try to log in ?

Yes it takes a picture if I go to look at pictures or Snapchat

Yes it takes a picture if I go to look at pictures or Snapchat

He showed me the picture .

Peregrinus wrote: »
    I don't see that the feature you describe prevents you from keeping track of your son's iPhone. What it would do, presumably, is prevent you from keeping track of it without his knowing that you are doing so. Is that what you are trying to do?

Yes I'm trying to see his Facebook n pictures without him knowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Could you set yourself up as a hot girl his age on facebook/snapchat, he'll probably friend you.

You really don't want to be seeing his pictures but he's under your roof and you should require his passcode just to make sure he's not up to anything, might be easier said than done.

You've no way into his phone, the only thing is the first suggestion or lay down the law in your house. Tell him your concerns with a few examples.

Could you set yourself up as a hot girl his age on facebook/snapchat, he'll probably friend you.

You really don't want to be seeing his pictures but he's under your roof and you should require his passcode just to make sure he's not up to anything, might be easier said than done.

You've no way into his phone, the only thing is the first suggestion or lay down the law in your house. Tell him your concerns with a few examples.

I believe this is a better solution but I have addressed the above thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,331 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Yes I'm trying to see his Facebook n pictures without him knowing
    Well, he knows now!

He's 16. You need to negotiate things like privacy with him. You simply snooping on him, and him finding out about it, is going to destroy any kind of trust or confidence between you, which is something you need far more than you need to know who he is facebook friends with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I definitely would not advise you to go snooping on your sons phone without his knowledge. Its a break in trust between your son and yourself, and will lead to a lot more issues down the line. Have a serious chat with him about privacy and internet etiquette and what he can have/not have on the phone. And in return leave him be, however agree that when you ask for it, he has to surrender his phone to him for spot checks and failure to hand over the phone on request will result in him losing it for X period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

the apps only take a picture if you enter in the wrong password..I think

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I believe this is a better solution but I have addressed the above thanks

Save yourself a lot of money and him hours of therapy when he gets older and had to deal with this controlling behaviour. His photos are none of your business, trust him. If you've been a good parent then you have nothing to worry about. If you haven’t, and you consider snooping normal parenting, then I’m suggest you speak to a professional therapist and bring your son along and tell him what you’ve been doing behind his back.

Advertisement