Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of slabbing

Options
  • 26-02-2018 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone can tell me slabbing costs for a new build with 62 inch insulated slabs on external walls and regular 12.5 mm slabs? . labour only... i got an all inclusive materials supply and labour quote and I cannot work out how the price is so high... house is a story and a half.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

realtec wrote: »
    Hi folks, just wondering if anyone can tell me slabbing costs for a new build with 62 inch insulated slabs on external walls and regular 12.5 mm slabs? . labour only... i got an all inclusive materials supply and labour quote and I cannot work out how the price is so high... house is a story and a half.

Price is high cause the work involved is slow. The cutting of these boards is a pain in the backside and with a storey and a half there will be plenty of cutting involved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭realtec

mfceiling wrote: »
    Price is high cause the work involved is slow. The cutting of these boards is a pain in the backside and with a storey and a half there will be plenty of cutting involved!!

Well, i am getting an alternative quote for labour only this weekend so that should at least allow me compare.

thanks

Advertisement