Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold war book recommendations

Options
  • 26-02-2018 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

I know astonishingly little about the cold war. Any recommend any books to read on thus subject? Kind Of A Concise History Of The Cold Ear kinD Of book

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 samck1996

When the Wind Blows by Raymond Briggs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

One Minute to midnight, a book about the Cuban Missile Crisis, by Michael Dobbs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

1989: The Year that Changed the World by Michael Mayer.
    Looks at events leading up to the fall of the Berlin Wall and the breakup of the Soviet Union, would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Od Arne westad. History of the Cold War.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    I know astonishingly little about the cold war. Any recommend any books to read on thus subject? Kind Of A Concise History Of The Cold Ear kinD Of book

The Cold War by John Lewis Gaddis will give a pretty good broad knowledge on topic. I personally love the espionage of the period so I'd recommend A Spy Among Friends by Ben MacIntyre which specifically goes into the Kim Philby madness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement