Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact for Bus Eireann

Options
  • 26-02-2018 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I haven’t been able to get any response to email reports I made to Bus Eireann where one of their drivers nearly wiped me out during a lunatic passing maneuver. Anybody know how to contact them by email in a way that gets a response?

This is the contact page I used already...
    http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=290#contact

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think i used info@buseireann.ie previously when making a complaint; certainly, the response arrived from that address.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

For Dublin Bus I got in touch with the CEO by googling him and guessing his mail (dot in between first and surname); worth a shot...

Edit: this worked btw and I got a satisfactory reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

i think i used info@buseireann.ie previously when making a complaint; certainly, the response arrived from that address.

Yes but you just get a stock reply I think. I made two separate complaints to them moths apart but got exactly the same response so I'd be very doubtful it goes any further. They are by far the worst for dealing with customer complaints.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Go to the gardai and lodge a complaint, they keep forgettig about me, and then losing footage.

Maybe try their twitter feed as well, although they responded to me this way, the responses died off within one mail after they said they would look into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you have emails where they state they've lost footage?
    maybe worth passing those on to the various cycling campaigners, as it seems all other avenues are shut for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

do you have emails where they state they've lost footage?
    maybe worth passing those on to the various cycling campaigners, as it seems all other avenues are shut for you.

A notification to the gardai, where they said they had it and then on follow up it was "irretrievable" from the bus. Bus Eireann refused to engage at all with me.

At this point, I don't care. Most of BE customer service seems to be acknowledging receipt of the mail and then never talking to you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

a Tweet to them will normally get a reaction on this sort of thing...public shaming

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I think the guessing email address of CEO option is worth a shot. I did this years ago with Eircom and had a reply and resolution to my issue within hours. cEO hate getting these types of messages and normally kick butt internally when they do

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I had a complaint with another bus company and cc'd the NTA who controlled their licence. Got a phone call from Senior Management within the day after weeks of being knocked backed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Go straight to traffic watch if you seriously want action. They contact the Gardai and I guarantee the Gardai will contact you very shortly after that. Dublin bus ime could care less until the Gardai are involved and the Gardai seem to respond a lot more seriously when the incident is an open case with traffic watch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why email? Ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Contact the gardai if was serious enough. I've complained to Bus Eireann before (called into busarus) and while they claim it was followed up, they won't tell you what action has been taken because of the unions.

Advertisement