Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnum Mark 8 sewing machine

Options
  • 26-02-2018 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello,

I'm just looking for information. A relative has a Magnum Mark 8 sewing machine, which they're not using anymore. I've done a bit of googling but I can't find anything online about them at all (except that someone on adverts is selling one).

Does anyone know anything about these machines, or have any helpful links where I might read about them?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is it industrial or domestic? I'm asking because I found a company in India called Magnum that deals in textiles and machines. Although that specific model doesn't seem to be listed, they may have some information on file about it.

http://magnumresources.co.in/solutions.php?cat_id=&type=4&brand=&subtype=

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bad Chemicals

Thanks New Home. Yes, I saw them too, but couldn't find that particular one. It is a domestic machine, from the 1970s maybe. I was just wondering if anyone has one and may be able to tell me more about its functionality. The manual with it is very basic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Does the manual give a country of origin/production, by chance?

No, the manual doesn't have much info at all.

Ah, ok - I hoped it might have given the country of production (e.g. France), so it might have been easier to search with that country's version of a search engine (e.g. yahoo.fr).

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you more. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks New Home. I'll need to look at the manual again, but I did check for year of manufacture and country of origin, no luck. The instructions were in three languages, I didn't take in the other two but I'll check them (English was first, although it was written as if by someone for whom it was a second language).

I've attached a photo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Magnum were badged / known as Universal, pretty high end.

Thanks wmpdd3, that's great. It appears that they were manufactured by the White company. According to another thread on PatternedReview.com, other people also find it really difficult to get info on them.

Advertisement