Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend likes kissing a lot more than I do

Options
  • 26-02-2018 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all just looking for some advice or insights.

I have been with my girlfriend for 2 years and things in general are great. However for the past while we have been having occasional arguments revolving around kissing. She loves kissing, like all the time and for the most part I do too. However I think it's too much for me sometimes. Like every single time one of us leaves a room, when we get out of the car after going somewhere, when we are just sitting around she'll tell me to come here and kiss her no matter what I might be in the middle of doing. And it won't just be a quick peck, she'll want lots of kisses that could go on a few minutes. I'm not the most kissy person in the world and I really try my best to go along with it but lately she has started giving out that each and every kiss doesn't have the same passion or feeling. I love kissing her but the sheer amount of occasions and time taken up by it every single day gets annoying sometimes. This week she brought it up again and it has spurred an argument that I feel could even lead to a break up. She equates me being tired of so much kissing means I don't love her.

Her affection and loving nature is part of what I do love about her but she just doesn't seem to understand that I do love her even though I don't like kissing as much as her. I have never and would never ask her to change and stop doing it but she won't see my point of view at all.

Am I being silly here, is it unreasonable for me to feel this way with her? I don't want to end it and she doesn't either, but I just don't know how I can fake passion or pretend to love all the kissing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rebecca Gilligan

Hi OP,

You shouldn't have to pretend to like something you don't, and you shouldn't just have to put up with it either. Some people are just more affectionate than others and that's totally normal. Because she's so affectionate, she probably doesn't understand why you don't feel the same, and it's making her insecure. Do you know when this started happening? Is it something that has always been an issue or can you think of something that might have made her a bit insecure in the relationship or about your feelings towards her? There could be something else bothering her which is why she feels so strongly about this.

Advertisement