Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fixed line broadband deal

Options
  • 25-02-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the cheapest fixed line unlimited broadband product is?
    Have Sky currently, offer period is nearly up, if I cancel the TV, they’ll do the broadband for €48 for a year, which I feel isn’t great.
    I know Vodafone and eir do deals for 6 months on an 18 month contract, but are there any exceptional deals out there at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oliver29

Eir are doing 12 mts contract, 40 euro with free Irish and uk landline and mobile calls and unlimited BB.

Thought I heard sky advertise 35 euro for an unlimited BB and free Irish calls, that was for new customers but they may be prepared to offer it to you if you're leaving for another supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I know you said fixed line but I'm in the same boat as yourself with Sky so I'm considering getting three home broadband for €30 a month for 12 months.

The reason is my fibre speeds have dropped from 40mbps with Sky when I signed up to only 3mbps - 18mbps whereas three have 4g in my area of 80mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thanks. I thought about the 3 thing alright but coverage is only ok where I live and I have a 4K smart tv which would struggle on it. I’m getting 50mb on the phone line.

Good call on the eir thing, will check it out. Is ther fair usage on the eir plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Good call on the eir thing, will check it out. Is ther fair usage on the eir plan?
    Moved to Eir back in November and yes, they do have a fair usage policy. BB usage is set at 1 Tb max per month.

The plan I have (€35 for first 6 months and €40 for last 6 months + €50 cashback) is very good and allows 1000 mins to UK mobiles, 1500 mins to Irish mobiles and UK land lines and "unlimited" to Irish landlines but Im sure there's a cap on the Irish landlines that Im not just aware of. Its a 12 month contract and then the price shoots up to €78 I think.

Im not saying those figures apply to all Eir's plans but it will give you an idea anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are they still doing the €50cashback, was that just through their site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are they still doing the €50cashback, was that just through their site?
    Just had a look there and I see the same bundle as Im on (35 for 6 months & 40 for next 6 months) but no mention of any cashback though. I think that was a pre Xmas offer they had running at the time. The plan Im on was supposed to be for signing up online but I had a couple of questions on it before i would commit and when i rang in the lad was able to sign me up over the phone and I still got the 50 quid back through Paypal.

Even without the cashback its still a good enough deal particularly if you are into the sports as Eir/Bt Sports comes free with it.

Advertisement