Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Bird - Movie

Options
  • 25-02-2018 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭

Went to see this today... WTF???? And I cannot empathize that enough!!!! It has gotten soooo much hype and attention - and now I ask, why???? Is it because I live in Ireland and Saoirse is Irish and a renown actress who has been nominated for an oscar and so ie Hype here at home????
    I may as well have gone to the cinema to see an episode of my So Called Life; which I loved as a young adult but it was a tv show and not a major movie in the run up to the Oscars!
    I kept thinking - am I missing something????
    So it goes through the journey of a teenage girl and her relationship with her mother - and????? Saoirse herself was grand, but Oscar worthy?

The acting was grand as were the characters; especially he Mum, Danny and Julie.

I cannot articulate how deflated I felt when it was over... I was utterly dumbfounded.
    I think that this is because there have been some fantastic movies out this year - which is unusual nowadays for mainstream cinema; noteworthy movies such as 3 Billboards, Phantom Thread, The Shape of Water, I Tonya.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement