Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important question about bicycle parts? Please help

Options
  • 25-02-2018 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Does anybody have experience or knows that any of the bicycle shops fits bicycle parts for you if you ordered from third party. I would like to buy a groupset from ebay and want know if they are going to fit that for me if I order from somewhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

One place you might try is Rothar near Phibsboro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Any I've asked will do it, they charge of course, but it's business for them at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

One place you might try is Rothar near Phibsboro

They made a balls up when I asked them to do some work on my gears.
    I wouldn't let them fit a group set on my bike tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Never had a problem with city cycles Inn Cabra.
    When the Dutch guy was there it was grand. Don't know what it's like now he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Try Duff cycles in Santry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sprite0

You could always try and fit it yourself. Lots of how to videos on YouTube and you don't need a lot of tools tob do it .

You'll also have to fit the chain as well if that's the case. Not everyone has the tools.
    It's worth figuring out how to do it yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Effects wrote: »
    You'll also have to fit the chain as well...
    :confused:

Fitting the chain is probably the easiest bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Any decent local bike shop would, especially a smaller one, maybe say it to them before you purchase and they might just match the price or include the labor if its a bit more.

If you do buy online You could always tell them you intended to fit it yourself but then decided to get a professional to do it

:confused:

Fitting the chain is probably the easiest bit!

Require a separate tool.A group set just need a few allen keys and screwdrivers. I've heard people complaining about some chains not being fitted with a quick link as standard and pin coming out and causing damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

360 cycles in Clontarf told me before that they'd do it. they were quite honest about the fact that they can't come close on the price of the groupsets compared to the large online stores but said that they would fit it no problem for around €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭C3PO

Effects wrote: »
    A group set just need a few allen keys and screwdrivers.

Good luck with fitting the bottom bracket, crank and cables!

C3PO wrote: »
    Good luck with fitting the bottom bracket, crank and cables!

Of course, I was only thinking of derailleurs for some reason. :rolleyes:

Advertisement