Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any music like the beatnuts these days?

Options
  • 25-02-2018 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭

Love the beatnuts especially but also mf doom etc , dangermouse is there anything out these days that sounds like this? I think most modern rap is utter crap and isn't hip hop at all, Kendrick Lamar etc hate that ****

Is there anything like the beatnuts and old school stuff?

I dunno what you would call modern rap bit I don't like it, it's not hip hop it's jibberish

Does this genre even exist anymore? I would see a huge difference between rap and hip hop but seems to be blurry these days , boardies help me
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

I've been into hip hop for 30 plus years - there has always been crap trrust me. Kendrick lamar is as hip hop as PE or Run DMC just because you don't like him doesn't mean he isn't.

Anyway i'm not posting to hate - i had this very same conversation with a friend a couple of weeks ago who reckoned there was no good hip hop anymore and i pointed them to playlist i made on spotify called hip hop nou veau - it's a constantly changing list of tracks never more than 2 years old that show there will always be good hip hop for your ears, i've posted a screen shot of the playlist below, feel free to follow it if you like :)

image.png
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Still plenty of great new hip hop being released.
    Try the PRHyme album from a year or 2 ago, DJ Premier and Royce Da 5'9.

There's also The Snowgoon who are making more vintage beats and teaming up with rappers for albums. So a good catalogue there to work through.

Apathy is still releasing stuff reminiscent of what you are looking for.
    Bishop Neheru would be another to look at, Joey Badass maybe as well. Action Bronson....there is plenty to listen to :)

Advertisement