Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merchandising and waiting for payment for 5 months

Options
  • 24-02-2018 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been waiting for payment for work done in October, November, December and the January invoices are now due. The company won't pay. I have spent a fortune on petrol and my time. I keep sending reminders If I leave I won't get anything. How can I get payment. This company deals with high profile clients. Should I threaten to contact the marketing managers of these clients to alert them of the lack of payment or go legal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Your post is not really clear. Are you self employed and were contracting your services to them? Did they sign the contract? We're payment terms clearly explained?

If this is business to business transaction you have few options. Send them pre-legal letter giving them 2 weeks to pay stating your next action should they fail.

Refer back to contract in your letter. You can also charge interest for the overdue amounts as per European directive. Research that a bit.

If that fails get 3rd party collection company to chase them on your behalf. They charge % per recovered amount.

But what ever you do, do not involve their customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Merchandiser

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Your post is not really clear. Are you self employed and were contracting your services to them? Did they sign the contract? We're payment terms clearly explained?

If this is business to business transaction you have few options. Send them pre-legal letter giving them 2 weeks to pay stating your next action should they fail.

Refer back to contract in your letter. You can also charge interest for the overdue amounts as per European directive. Research that a bit.

If that fails get 3rd party collection company to chase them on your behalf. They charge % per recovered amount.

But what ever you do, do not involve their customer.

Hi,
    Thanks for the information. I am self employed and am Sent stock and call lists each week for a selection of mostly semi-state company's by the company I work for. No contracts were signed. I was told I should email invoices when each job is complete and I would be paid after 28 days. They did organise garda vetting so I can access areas in banks and other establishments that carry cash. I have been working for a year and a half and payments are never in full. There is aways outstanding invoices. But now it is way out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

If they paid you before and organized Garda vetting you can demonstrate connection and if you have the payment promise of 28 days in writing should be great.

I'd say, send them the letter as I mentioned, address it to Financial Controller if you don't know who the head of finance is and take it from there.

If that fails you can contact someone like Stubbs Gazette to do the collection of outstanding invoices.

Advertisement