Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you finish LC Biology course?

Options
  • 23-02-2018 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m teaching 5th and 6th year biology for the first time this year and, since coming back from midterm, am starting to feel the pressure to get the course finished, especially with the 6th years.

I still have about 6 or 7 chapters left to complete. Given that this is my first time teaching the course, I was wondering if others could tell me when they usually finish?

I also would be interested in hearing how others teach the course. PowerPoint with students taking notes, reading from the textbook, handing out notes etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Aquals wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m teaching 5th and 6th year biology for the first time this year and, since coming back from midterm, am starting to feel the pressure to get the course finished, especially with the 6th years.

I still have about 6 or 7 chapters left to complete. Given that this is my first time teaching the course, I was wondering if others could tell me when they usually finish?

I also would be interested in hearing how others teach the course. PowerPoint with students taking notes, reading from the textbook, handing out notes etc?

Thanks!

I’ll have it finished with my 6th years by Easter.

Teach via a variety of methods. For both groups: PowerPoint with them taking notes, videos to show complex reactions and pathways, a revision/summary handout, and worksheets. Homework tends to be past papers, with a revision topic every week.

For my 5th years we do some “fun” revision things and some peer teaching and group work. They love an auld kahoot, but I hate the sound of it. Also do things like ranking exercises and getting them to research how to do an experiment.

Do you use the PDST biology site?

Advertisement