Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AUX and USB ports not working in Opel Insignia

Options
  • 23-02-2018 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

So we have a 2010 Opel Insignia with a factory CD400 stereo system. The problem is that the USB and AUX ports do not work. When you plug a device into the USB port, nothing happens, e.g. it does not charge phones. The AUX port also does nothing when you plug a phone in to play music, you select CD/AUX and it says, no CD inserted, i.e. it does not recognize the device connected via AUX. I have tried anything I can find on Google to fix it but nothing has worked, I tried removing the gear gaiter and checking cable underneath and also I have checked cables behind the radio unit, I can't see anything wrong. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Possibly a fuse, there's likely one either the glove compartment or under the drivers dashboard. Have you tried a different phone to see what happens with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Possibly a fuse, there's likely one either the glove compartment or under the drivers dashboard. Have you tried a different phone to see what happens with that?

Yeah I have tried a different phone but it still does not work so I will check out the fuses. Any suggestions when checking the fuses? Thanks.

M

SW98 wrote: »
    Yeah I have tried a different phone but it still does not work so I will check out the fuses. Any suggestions when checking the fuses? Thanks.

Do you know if the cigarette lighter in the car works? I would think it's either this fuse if that also isn't working or else it's the same rated fuse.

There should be a map of the fuses inside the fuse box cover to identify which does what. From memory I think they usually use a 15 amp fuse which is the blue like this, some cars will have 3 spares in the fuse box you can use...

s-l225.jpg

Do you know if the cigarette lighter in the car works? I would think it's either this fuse if that also isn't working or else it's the same rated fuse.

There should be a map of the fuses inside the fuse box cover to identify which does what. From memory I think they usually use a 15 amp fuse which is the blue like this, some cars will have 3 spares in the fuse box you can use...

s-l225.jpg

The cigarette lighter in the ash tray and in the center console work and I am not sure about the one at the back at the center console because there is a magnet stuck it in since we got the car and can't get it out. I have looked at the fuses in the manual and there is one listed for a cigarette lighter and another for a power outlet.

M

The magnet or any metal down in these connections will likely cause fuses to blow, ideally you would need to clear that first if you can.

• Advertisement

The magnet or any metal down in these connections will likely cause fuses to blow, ideally you would need to clear that first if you can.

Ok, so we did get that magnet out but it wasn't actually touching the the bottom of the cigarette lighter power outlet and the outlet is actually working but the USB/AUX ports are still not working. So all three cigarette lighters are working, just the AUX and USB that are not, the fuses are all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

SW98 wrote: »
    So we have a 2010 Opel Insignia with a factory CD400 stereo system. The problem is that the USB and AUX ports do not work. When you plug a device into the USB port, nothing happens, e.g. it does not charge phones. The AUX port also does nothing when you plug a phone in to play music, you select CD/AUX and it says, no CD inserted, i.e. it does not recognize the device connected via AUX. I have tried anything I can find on Google to fix it but nothing has worked, I tried removing the gear gaiter and checking cable underneath and also I have checked cables behind the radio unit, I can't see anything wrong. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi SW98,

I recently bought a 2010 insignia and have the same problem.. Were you able to find that problem?

enaeknala1 wrote: »
    Hi SW98,

I recently bought a 2010 insignia and have the same problem.. Were you able to find that problem?

Yeah we solved the problem but not sure exactly how because we changed a fuse for a blue tooth diagnostic tool we got after figuring that wouldn't work either. Changing this fuse fixed the USB and AUX port also. So I suggest you check your fuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 99Panther99

So I had the same problem and checked almost every fuse that had anything to do with power inside the car and the solution is simple. Just open you fuse box in the glove department and change the fuse number 14 that should be diagnostic connector fuse. Its 7.5 and probably has burned off so that should do it.

Advertisement