Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folding Camper / Trailer Tent

Options
  • 23-02-2018 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've just bought an Opus camper. I've sorted out insurance with my motor insurance for while the camper is being towed, but what about when it is at home / at a campsite? Surely it is a good idea to insure it against theft and accidental damage, and there are plenty of companies offering this in the UK, but I can't seem to find anyone in Ireland? Any ideas? Do people not have trailer tents in Ireland? Or do people not insure their trailer tents beyond the essential towing insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

When its parked in the drive its probably covered under house insurance. Speak to a broker like obf or wexford.

Are you planning an expedition abroad.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I’d echo above... ask to be included in your house insurance.

Do you mind me asking if you bought it through a dealer here or did you travel for it. They look really good. Had a trailer tent years back, it was great.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dannyzuko

martyc5674 wrote: »
    I’d echo above... ask to be included in your house insurance.

Do you mind me asking if you bought it through a dealer here or did you travel for it. They look really good. Had a trailer tent years back, it was great.
    Marty.

Sorry, Marty, I only saw this very old post now. In case it is still relevant to you, we bought the opus from Northstar Campers who are the agents for them in northern Ireland, then collected it from the uk. I would highly recommend them, we're having a great summer of camping in comfort now!

Advertisement