Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correct tacho?

Options
  • 22-02-2018 11:53pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

My company got a hgv for on-site deliveries.

And as a diesel it needs a good run each week.

If I start at 7am and work away with tea at 9am (for 30mins).
    I then bring the truck off site for a run at 10am.
    What way do I input hours on the dig tacho?

I have a C licence of course :)

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Do you start driving at 7 am?
    If not just stick the digi in at 9.40 or so and put it on other work for your walkaround check
    Make sure you show that 10 to 20 mins on your card

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Start work (not driving)  at 7am but may not drive til 10am or 11am or 1pm - depends if the truck needs an off-site run that day.
    So whatever time I bring the truck off-site, I need to include 10-15 mins of other work for the walkaround ?
    it's been a while .....thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

karltimber wrote: »
    Start work (not driving)  at 7am but may not drive til 10am or 11am or 1pm - depends if the truck needs an off-site run that day.
    So whatever time I bring the truck off-site, I need to include 10-15 mins of other work for the walkaround ?

When you put your Tacho in, you can do a manual entry showing other work and the time started. Think you get 1 minute to complete this option

Always allow 10 minutes minimum for a walk around check. The RSA will ask questions if they don't see this on a road side check

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

karltimber wrote: »

Ye before you go on a off site run
    Put your card in on other work and start the truck,do your walk around check 10/20
    Make sure if any faults with the truck you let the boss know,soon as you drive it you as the driver u are liable for everything,cover your own back.
    If it's not safe don't drive it

Advertisement