Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting Social Welfare Fraud

Options
  • 22-02-2018 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi, I am considering reporting someone for social welfare fraud. Working part-time and claiming full social welfare benefits.
    Has anyone reported someone before? If so, any idea how long before someone from the welfare reaches out to that person. Or is it a few months before anything is done.
    Also, while I am aware it is confidential, my only concern is the person I am reporting would know it is me. Unless the investigator investigates all people working in this place.
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hi, I am considering reporting someone for social welfare fraud. Working part-time and claiming full social welfare benefits.
    Has anyone reported someone before? If so, any idea how long before someone from the welfare reaches out to that person. Or is it a few months before anything is done.
    Also, while I am aware it is confidential, my only concern is the person I am reporting would know it is me. Unless the investigator investigates all people working in this place.
    Any thoughts?

How do you know they are claiming full benefits? It’s possible to work part time and get some benefits. It’s quite complicated. It’s possible to work full time and get benefits too.
    But if your sure then provide as many details as you can via the facility on the welfare website.
    The person won’t find out it’s you unless you tell them yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

splinter65 wrote: »
    How do you know they are claiming full benefits? It’s possible to work part time and get some benefits. It’s quite complicated. It’s possible to work full time and get benefits too.
    But if your sure then provide as many details as you can via the facility on the welfare website.
    The person won’t find out it’s you unless you tell them yourself.

They told me they are getting full benefits. Even if they werent they are not on the payroll of the employer, so the employer is breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

They told me they are getting full benefits. Even if they werent they are not on the payroll of the employer, so the employer is breaking the law.

Someone is working for cash in your workplace so yes you should report them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement