Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noone stands over claims of bullying by party colleague

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The surname "Noone" is pronounced the same as the word "Noon". To avoid ambiguity, in Ireland we usually write "no-one" or "nobody" to convey that meaning. :)

Very rare to see the word "noone" written to mean "nobody" in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

That's a bit embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You've lost me. The Surname is Noone, not no one. How do you even perceive Noone pronounced as no one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Same old fine gael,lots of bully boys in the boys club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Can't wait until you come across Sexton as a surname!

Mind you, I remember watching Mork and Mindy when I was a kid. Mindy's landlord was Mr W@nker ...used to get a few giggles whenever he appeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Escapees

You've lost me. The Surname is Noone, not no one. How do you even perceive Noone pronounced as no one?

Never came across surname in my life - and I haven't been under a rock!

Often come across 'noone' used on the web, even my phone's predictive text is suggesting it here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

A member of N'Sync was called Joey Fatone.

Instead of no-one he's fat-one. Things can always be worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Escapees wrote: »

Noone said you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Often come across 'noone' used on the web, even my phone's predictive text is suggesting it here!

Web? Predictive text?? My good man, on a scale from Peppa Pig to Marcel Proust, you have selected by way of example the paranoid schizophrenic scrawling on his cell-wall with his finger dipped in excrement. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Escapees

Quote: Escapees
    Noone said you were.

This just gets worse - I'm embarrassed as it is, and then my embarrassed emoji disappears (had used desktop mode on mobile browser to insert it!)...

Christ, I gotta look for that rock now and crawl under it. FWIW, I asked a friend about the surname Noone and they'd never ever come across it either! Umm... But they didn't pronounce it as no-one like myself!! Cringe...

Please let this thread end... :}

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There are 250 or so Noone's in the phonebook and every last one of them probably fine people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

There are 250 or so Noone's in the phonebook and every last one of them probably fine people.

..said noone ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

You should ring all of them and ask are they sound

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Often come across 'noone' used on the web, even my phone's predictive text is suggesting it here!
    I work with a lad whose surname is Noone, and I used to deal with an engineering company called Noone Engineering (because of their surname, and not the lack of people ;) ). I'm in Kildare but I looked it up, and saw that Noone is a traditionally Sligo name, the gaelicised version of Ó Nuadháin.

Advertisement