Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure from co-workers when I say I'm not drinking on a night out

Options
  • 21-02-2018 11:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

once every 6 weeks or so, we go out together with work. Due to the location I live in, public transport is not a great option and a taxi would cost a fortune, so I usually drive in and get the Q Park car park deal and drive home after having not drank alcohol.

In the workday just before the night we go out, they always ask me "why aren't you drinking", when I'm out, "just ditch the car and have shots". I don't want to drink. I drink too much as it is and I want to cut down.

You don't need to be drunk to enjoy yourself.

Does anyone else here get grief for not drinking from peers? How do you deal with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

"Just ditch the car and have shots". Jaysus. I would be smart and ask them "Give me one good reason why I should have shots and be hungover in work tomorrow morning. Can't I have fun without shots."
    When they say "why aren't you drinking", ask them "why are you drinking?"

Advertisement