Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use cellular iPad with Three SIM ?

Options
  • 21-02-2018 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has done the above. Three offer all you can eat data up to 60GB and a PAYG sim seems a good option rather than subscribing to a data plan specifically for modems, iPads etc.

Three say in their T&C's using a sim intended for voice in another device is breaking the terms of your agreement, as is using your phone to tether to another device; presumably because their network is already over subscribed. Just wondering if they can or even bother trying to detect such activity and if anyone tethers or uses an iPad with a three SIM. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Flaccus wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has done the above. Three offer all you can eat data up to 60GB and a PAYG sim seems a good option rather than subscribing to a data plan specifically for modems, iPads etc.

Three say in their T&C's using a sim intended for voice in another device is breaking the terms of your agreement, as is using your phone to tether to another device; presumably because their network is already over subscribed. Just wondering if they can or even bother trying to detect such activity and if anyone tethers or uses an iPad with a three SIM. Thanks.

When with them, I always tethered my Three PAYG sim to my iPad without any issues. Particularly when in a Three Like Home country such as Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I have an iPad with a three SIM which I got at least 5 years ago. To my recollection, it was a data intended SIM - not a voice one originally. Worked fine, although in practice I didn't use it as I was generally always in WiFI range with my iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Flaccus wrote: »

Have a Three PAYG sim with all you can eat data for €20 pm. Had to put it into a phone to do the initial setup but I now just top it up online with no issues.

Advertisement