Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offering grinds (maths) over the summer?

Options
  • 21-02-2018 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have been offering grinds since September and am happy to report its going well. Just wondering if any students would be interested in Maths grinds over the summer? I'm not sure its the done thing? I have seen a few of the private schools offering August preparation courses for a day or 2, but what about regular weekly grinds over the summer months?
    On the one hand, I guess parents and students definitely need a break come June...but the summer would be a great time for those who are falling behind to catch up?
    Anyone out there offering grinds who could advise?
    Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

That's a hard one to judge. I suppose you could advertise and see what happens. You might find that they will want to chop and change though but if you are about anyway it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ggg16

Questi0ns wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have been offering grinds since September and am happy to report its going well. Just wondering if any students would be interested in Maths grinds over the summer? I'm not sure its the done thing? I have seen a few of the private schools offering August preparation courses for a day or 2, but what about regular weekly grinds over the summer months?
    On the one hand, I guess parents and students definitely need a break come June...but the summer would be a great time for those who are falling behind to catch up?
    Anyone out there offering grinds who could advise?
    Many thanks :)

I did biweekly classes one Summer with a group that went down a treat. They also got an email the week we were not meeting. Kept them busy for a half day once a fortnight and they had completed their course going into 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭doc_17

Ther s probably a demand if you’re in Dublin

Advertisement