Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revisiting Albums

Options
  • 21-02-2018 10:50am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ever go back to an album that you listened to at first and thought it was OK, but then went back and realised it's a f*cking banger end to end?

When I first heard SchoolBoy Q - Blank Face LP, i thought it was good, some decent moments on it.
    But I've been listening to it this morning and it's an absolutely incredible album from start to finish.

I've had the same experience with one of the earlier Big KRIT albums, Action Bronsons first album Dr Lecter, Isaiah Rashad, Joey Badass....

I'm going to go back and start listening to albums that I've had some interest in to see how they fare now.

Any other suggestions or experiences with this?

Comments

Ice Cube -
    Predator & Leathal Injection

An absolute sin how I treated them the first time I listened to both.

Some other ones off the top of my head:

Interestingly I didn't enjoy GKMC from Kendrick until months later.
    Also Kanyes album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, hated it at first. Played it years later and loved it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MBDTF is actually one I have to go back to.

GKMC is also one that I didn't think was amazing at first.
    With Section 80 I heard Rigamortis first and was blown away, I go annoyed listening to it that it all wasn't like that and turned me off it.
    Then there were a few songs that grabbed my attention, then I eventually tuned in to Kendrick properly.
    I'm still trying to digest TPAB and haven't even gotten properly around to DAMN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I dont know if i can get into Kendrick.. Ive tried but i just dont like his voice..

Advertisement