Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable car insurance quotes

Options
  • 20-02-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi

I usually shop around every year for insurance quotes, so far I just checked a few of the main ones I've been with before. Can anyone recommend a company that they found great this year? I'm 33 year old female with 13 years on my own fully comp policy, clean licence and full NCB protection.. my quote this year was 555e

Any info or recommendations would be really appreciated

C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

ch1984 wrote:
    I usually shop around every year for insurance quotes, so far I just checked a few of the main ones I've been with before. Can anyone recommend a company that they found great this year? I'm 33 year old female with 13 years on my own fully comp policy, clean licence and full NCB protection.. my quote this year was 555e

My wife is 47, clean record. Post Insure quoted her 677 in 1.5 diesel megane. Tried several, it's 4 women was the best. 445 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    My wife is 47, clean record. Post Insure quoted her 677 in 1.5 diesel megane. Tried several, it's 4 women was the best. 445 euro.

Hi, thanks for your reply.. I was with its4women for a few years but last year Aviva really undercut them.. there are so many companies out there now to get quotes from.. I guess I'll have to just try a few more of the big names 😊

ch1984 wrote:
    Hi, thanks for your reply.. I was with its4women for a few years but last year Aviva really undercut them.. there are so many companies out there now to get quotes from.. I guess I'll have to just try a few more of the big names 😊

Try adding someone to your quote, parent, partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Try adding someone to your quote, parent, partner.

I added my partner but there's only so much that will do :)

ch1984 wrote:
    I added my partner but there's only so much that will do

Final suggestion try an independent broker, sometimes they can find a better deal than you can yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try everyone in the List of insurers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Final suggestion try an independent broker, sometimes they can find a better deal than you can yourself.

When I was renewing I tried all the big companies and then tried the brokers. All the brokers made the call them back. When I called one and gave my reg there was a sharp intake of breath from the broker and they said
    "3.5 litre that'll be expensive". Ended up with a big company.

The only real way to get the best deal is contact all the companies listed in the sticky and compare packages. I noticed that most companies are now doing the Ryanair way and charging for what used to be standard features.

Advertisement